A Note From The Writer



Welcome to the archived blog posts (when I was a wee blogger, wet behind the ears and not aware of spell check and various other gramatical structures!) I have kept the writings unedited or reworked as I am in the process of doing a massive rewrite of my entire life, many posts I have yet to publish and this blog was merely writing practise for the massive job of sorting out my emotions whilst retelling the story as cuttingly real and dramatic as the real memory was.. some of the posts contained are raw, streaming emotion.. many posts although painful to write, had a tremendously cathartic effect - cheaper than therapy one would say. I welcome new and old readers to keep in touch via my author email (sensualexplorersatHotmaildotcom) if you have any questions or wish to share the feelings and emotions raised by my work.
I will announce the publish date and title whenever it happens and I have been clean now for three years. It is possible.
But it is never easy. It's a lifelong journey, I will always be an addict, but I must stay one step ahead of myself and protect all that can be ruined in the eternal struggle to be
at ease once again, comfortable in this skin.
Thank you for being a part of my story.

Thursday, November 25, 2004

Everyone's A Winner !

Now Extra Sweet

Hope you like my little bit of fun ! Also I have finally coded up the list of Memoirs to the left for easy reference. If you over the links it should reveal a little about each memoir and I have more to add - about sixteen all up. Thank you for all the nominations for certain awards going around, I am so flattered and gracious. The comments have been awesome, all duly added to my big book of "Why I Should Get Published". I am so happy I have a memoir archive as now I can do silly posts (like this one) and they won't bury the memoirs deep into the archives. I am not doing a memoir today - I know I have earnt a day off as I had a lot of trouble sleeping last night and kept dreaming about sidebars and apostrophe and blogroll links. That is when you need to have a little rest me thinks. Plus, it is nice to just chat isn't it ? So a bit of fun ;

I am going to also issue the Snot Challenge. I challenge the blogset ( refer to my links) to try and go until Febuary 14th without catching a bug. I will know if you are sick as you will probably blog about it. At recent head count - I know Dee is out of the running for the prize - but don't worry - you inspired the competition so you get naming rights. I will probably need to clarify bug as well.

10 comments:

deanne said...

Hi sweetie! Now, if I don't make any sense, it's because I'm delirious with fever. It's the new black apparently.

You asked about the photo-bar down the side of my page; unforunately it wasn't a provider! It was all done by my own hand, and WHAT a fecking pain in the ass it was too.

This is what I did;

Took all the images I wanted; inserted them into Powerpoint; cropped them until I liked the size; screen-grabbed them into paint; more cropping; made sure they were all the same size (pixel-wise, length and height); published them all on the blog with Hello; then saved all the published photo bars as drafts; then took the html links ("http:/photos.blogger blah blah blah.jpeg") and stuck them in my template. Whew!

That is the *extremely* short version, and me being somewhat daft/kak-handed/unco, it took FOREVER!

God I'm exhausted just writing this comment! Now, where did my delirium go, I know I left it here somewhere...
x. d.

deanne said...

Note to self: Typing while feverish = spelling mistakes, one of a-b-c-dee's pet hates!

HeroineGirl said...

No, I totally get it. I wonder if there is an easier way. I use flickr so it is web based, you really need to ditch hello and use flickr, much better as you have them saved to web and thats how I do my heading pictures and all resizing. Ok , so I just need the measurements of your photos, the hieght and width and I think I can do the rest. Great work that you did it by hand, that is some awesome stuff.
Love you Dee,
Thanks for the reply.

Dave said...

I wanna do the Snot Challenge!

What will I win? :P

HeroineGirl said...

You get the first release of my signed merchandise.
Starting off with some designs at the moment and things are looking promising. I just need to sit down and think about what merchandise I want to create.
It has to be totally perfect of course, totally
original and must have. So yeah, it should be pretty cool. Plus if you take up the snot challenge, you will be not snotty and contagious and can revel in your superhuman strength. It has been a year since I had a cold. I am tough competition , mind you - I do get fluey, I might need to get some doctor definations.
:P

Rambling Rene said...

I say "bug" is defined as either a cold or a flu, since those are the 2 most common.

I'm in the contest. Knock on wood. I'm going to start taking echinacea now since we have been given the shaft on the flu shot ONCE AGAIN this year.

Anonymous said...

that sounds like an interesting challenge but I'm already caught something and its annoying as hell..


Goood Luck with it..


Kimm
http://paddling-geek.net

Atomic Bombshell said...

I'm going out with a BANG!!!
Chicken pox on Thanksgiving!

shadowx said...

Count me in!! I should probably warn you, though, my immune system kicks butt!!

deanne said...

Oo - nearly forgot - measurements (not mine silly!).

134 pixels wide by 505 pixels high.