A Note From The Writer



Welcome to the archived blog posts (when I was a wee blogger, wet behind the ears and not aware of spell check and various other gramatical structures!) I have kept the writings unedited or reworked as I am in the process of doing a massive rewrite of my entire life, many posts I have yet to publish and this blog was merely writing practise for the massive job of sorting out my emotions whilst retelling the story as cuttingly real and dramatic as the real memory was.. some of the posts contained are raw, streaming emotion.. many posts although painful to write, had a tremendously cathartic effect - cheaper than therapy one would say. I welcome new and old readers to keep in touch via my author email (sensualexplorersatHotmaildotcom) if you have any questions or wish to share the feelings and emotions raised by my work.
I will announce the publish date and title whenever it happens and I have been clean now for three years. It is possible.
But it is never easy. It's a lifelong journey, I will always be an addict, but I must stay one step ahead of myself and protect all that can be ruined in the eternal struggle to be
at ease once again, comfortable in this skin.
Thank you for being a part of my story.

Sunday, October 31, 2004

Reality Bytes

Peck Banner Final
Original artwork by Mark Ryden. Images altered for personal and non-profit fan art.

Some people do not think I am real !
So for the record..my tears are real.
So are my memoirs.

Perhaps my situation seems stupid or maybe
even exaggerated but sometimes the truth
is stranger than fiction. Thank you to all the readers
I never tire of comments and I know some of you don't know what to say sometimes, normally people don't comment on posts that they may deem personal or perhaps they are speechless.
It doesn't matter if you never comment , if you learn one thing that can help you smile one time than more than you would have, my work is done. Heroinegirl is all about saving yourself from the dangers of yourself and sometimes a lack of education. I don't know how many times I wish I had someone to talk to when I was in the throes of addiction. If this blog is taken seriously then maybe I am providing hope out there. It really is a big bad world.
Be safe my lovelies.
HG

14 comments:

HeroineGirl said...

The yawner has been unmasked - I am waiting for him *here* With tea and cake of course.
Does anyone else think I am not real?
I am just curious, and slightly wired on coffee as it is 2.21 in the morning. Jeez !
I am going to be so wasted !

HG

LeesahEm. said...

Considering the emotional way that most of your posts read, I can't imagine that there isn't truth behind them. Even if it were fake (which I don't think it is), it is one of the most beautifully written blogs I have read. I look forward to all of your new posts and the pictures as well.

Dacia said...

I get the "not real" comments too, and its very disarming.

I think that "people" don't expect people with pasts or presents different from theirs (especially when it involves sex or drugs) to be articulate and clear-thinking individuals capable of processing and analyzing things that have happened to us or things that we've done.

Micha Lindsey said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Micha Lindsey said...

(sorry, I messed up my first comment)

I think the only reason anyone would suspect that you or what you write could not be real is because maybe it's difficult for them to actually believe that not only these things could happen to someone but that you could ever be well enough to blog about them...

In anycase, please never stop writing!!! You contribute so much by not only just telling your story but sharing them with such powerful artistry.

And I'm a big fan of Mark Ryden!!!

HeroineGirl said...

I simply adore Ryden and I have you to thank for it.
I actually felt very guilty about recreating them , for the purpose of my site, but these pictures actually are just lead drawings which I have then, "brought to meaning". He is a wonderful talent, and has definately impacted my soul. Rave ! Rave ! Rave !

Fat Dude said...

oh just admit it already HG. You're really a 14 year old boy going through puberty who lives in Wisconsin and plays the banjo.

Yeah, you defintely play the banjo.

stephenliveshere said...

Sorry to tell you this : I am neither anonymous nor the 'yawner'. I may use a pseudonym (like most bloggers do!), but I would never stoop so low as to not put my 'name' against a comment.
It's not that I doubt the sincerity of your postings - It's just that the internet is full of people pretending to be something they are not.
As it would be unusual for someone to pretend to be an ex-crack-head, it is most likely you were.

HeroineGirl said...

Ok , well that is ok.
The quest continues :P

I like your site and I will link it.
You always have informative tidbits on creating a kickass blog, and I love sites that do that.
I was not addicted to crack - you should know that we don't really have that in australia?
It was heroin for me.

stephenliveshere said...

I say 'crack' in the generic sense.
I don't mean to imply anything by it.
Either way, its an addictive drug.
Anyway, Keep up the good posts.
I enjoy reading your blog.
You will notice I already have you 'blogrolled'.

HeroineGirl said...

Thank you and Thank you.
You are most kind :)
Now, I can ask you all my coding questions!
Yipee !

HG
(never one to look a gift horse in the mouth)

HeroineGirl said...

Thank you and Thank you.
You are most kind :)
Now, I can ask you all my coding questions!
Yipee !

HG
(never one to look a gift horse in the mouth)

Micha Lindsey said...

You have me to thank for Mark Ryden?? How could that be? I haven't had any links to him... not that I can remember. I thought about it though, I know that for sure. Hmmm... Oh well.

I do want to say though, not to feel guilty about using his pix. You give reference to him, that's important. Anyway, I think he'd probably feel honoured.

stephenliveshere said...

Feel free to ask me any coding questions.
I will either answer you, or direct you somewhere to read more about it. By showing a great location, it means everyone gets to learn.

Learning is fun, and online makes it more interesting - there are no 10kilo text books to take home, and as much as homework as you want to do... or not do.