A Note From The Writer



Welcome to the archived blog posts (when I was a wee blogger, wet behind the ears and not aware of spell check and various other gramatical structures!) I have kept the writings unedited or reworked as I am in the process of doing a massive rewrite of my entire life, many posts I have yet to publish and this blog was merely writing practise for the massive job of sorting out my emotions whilst retelling the story as cuttingly real and dramatic as the real memory was.. some of the posts contained are raw, streaming emotion.. many posts although painful to write, had a tremendously cathartic effect - cheaper than therapy one would say. I welcome new and old readers to keep in touch via my author email (sensualexplorersatHotmaildotcom) if you have any questions or wish to share the feelings and emotions raised by my work.
I will announce the publish date and title whenever it happens and I have been clean now for three years. It is possible.
But it is never easy. It's a lifelong journey, I will always be an addict, but I must stay one step ahead of myself and protect all that can be ruined in the eternal struggle to be
at ease once again, comfortable in this skin.
Thank you for being a part of my story.

Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Befuddled and Bemused

Banner for today copy

Natasha Bedingfield - These Words /Soundtrack - New heroinegirl screenshow

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27868594@N00/sets/23486/show/
::. PREVIOUS LINK WAS NOT PROPERTY OF HG.::



Trying to find the magic
Trying to write a classic
Waste-bin full of paper
Clever rhymes, see you later
These words are my own
From my heart flown
I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you
There's no other way
To better say
I love you...I love you,
is that okay...?

Natasha Bedingfield - These Words - Playing It and Loving It



Well ! A little bit of housekeeping for a moment.
I have spent the last few days coding ( that sounds way more exciting than it was) As a result, we lost a few posts/comments/braincells and a few readers may of noticed some downtime. I am sorry about that and I won't fiddle with the "bits" anymore.
But -on the brighter side of the coin - I have learnt a lot about html and I feel better about things tech now , so it was a great albeit steep learning curve. I have tried on some new "outfits" ( templates) and they just don't seem to work as well as this one ( which I hacked into from blogger) I am trying to work out how to put a picture at the top and leave it there.
I know the html fairy will come in my sleep and I will wake up and just know exactly what to do.
The slideshow feature is new too and I am looking into a few other things for "HG - the Blog."
Thank you to the new linkers, I have visited most of you to thank you personally. All my links to the (thinks about it) right are linkers and if you are linking - then tell me about it. I will deffo add you ! I love to love you baby ;)

Big shout out to Darling Maggot (link to the ..right?) who helped me last night when I got in the blues after posting insufficient Funds (below me) He hopped on msn and made me feel like a hundred bucks ! Sooky la la loves you.

All of the readers have been so sweet. You make me cry sometimes and feel really proud of who I am and what I do. I am a romantic and I guess I am in love with life , thank you for appreciating my journey and making me smile again.
That is what friends are for, and I salute you all. Sooky la la loves you.

Stay True
HG

15 comments:

Rich Rosenthal II said...

I love the banner. It will certainly catch eyes and draw an audience.

bliss said...

Your stories are so sad but very well told. It is strange how experience may have painted that in a different tone than you might have expected. Cheer up butter cup, from the ashes came a lovely lady with a talent for weaving words.

HeroineGirl said...

I don't understand the comment.
I have reread this (ok a few times)
Does this mean, that I am not experience to speak in the tone that I do, or that readers may not get the tone because they are not from my experience with drugs?
I think I am thinking too hard..
It should be easy !

Thanks for the comment though - the end part I understandy ! I hope you read this bliss !
Or I may never know - serenity now !!

Love
HG

Laust said...

This is like the BEST BLOG I'VE EVER READ. I'm at work, but I've just been reading, and reading and reading.

Love it. Respect.

Biek said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Biek said...

Love that banner too HG, though I guess there's lots more to choose from. It's not as easy as it seems picking a banner that 'tells the tale' and can function as somesort of poster for your website.

I remember that some time ago you said you'd never touch your template again ... guess the urge to change convinced you to do that anyway's, so shame on you :P

Why is it that practically nobody (including myself btw) is ever happy with the way their site looks ... ;-)

We should all thank Darling because if I understand it correct without we would not have been able to read your Blog now. Cheers!

Greetz (and stop fiddling about with that template!),
Biek

HeroineGirl said...

Darling maggot chatted to me, but I did all the code !
It was me that fixed it, darling maggot just sat there looking gorgeous ;)

Man, by the way, I have changed the slideshow, that is the final edit now, you can even see the motel , I spoke about in the memoir.

Plus, has anyone noticed that I like live on the most awesome beach in the free world.

I say this summer, you should come over and all bring your bathers and we can get salty together :)

HG

Biek said...

I'd like the thought on that, if only I could stand the sun. I'm not the beach kinda guy. I get terrible head aches when in the sun, or simply a lot of light so we'd have to find some place else to get salty ...

Besides I don't think you could bare the sight of me in swimming gear ... With the sun on my more than very white skin you'd need at least three pairs of sunglasses to be able to look in my general direction ;-)

Greetings from inside our office :-D

no_more_pills said...

spending some time at the beach this summer sounds great

darling maggot said...

who is this fucking darling maggot fellow?

Micha Lindsey said...

Yes, I did notice that beach, bea-U-ti-ful! I'm SO jealous!

And I think what bliss was trying to say (maybe) was that you might have not realized the wonderful tone that your experience would give you. Like how someone writing the same kind of story but without the experience might have a less captivating tone...
Maybe...

But in anycase I totally dig your current template. It's quite simple yet mysterious and tempting... And when it comes to learning HTML, I feel your frustration. I guess it just requires time and patience. I've looked for some decent HTML and CCS websites but haven't found any that really fit my needs...

Just curious, what months are summer in Aussie Land?

bliss said...

i'll translate my rambling:

i like your stuff.

if you had written about the same thing a week or so after it happened, you might not have told it in the same tone. i was being rhetorical there and didn't expect it to be analyzed, just one of those "isn't it funny how...?" things.

to re-iterate: i like your stuff.

:)

HeroineGirl said...

*blank look*

Just joking! I get it *does a little jig*
I like to understand all the comments, good and bad , so I can get feedback on how the reader absorbs the memoirs, mind you - I write mainly for myself and my own recovery, meeting great people is an added bonus.
Bliss and Mischa - I will add your links now.
HG

no_more_pills said...

there she is!
supportive, inspirational...and that pretty smile

LeesahEm. said...

Thanks for popping by my blog. I linked you because I find your writing beautiful and for some reason you look very much like people I have known.